Wednesday, July 28, 2010

News from the past

While the non-existent readership may feel that the Denver Century is an event long behind them and therefore no longer worthy of mention, I logged onto the official photo site a wee two months hence, to find that they had finally uploaded some shots of the ride. Several items are of note:Firstly, we have concrete evidence that the Denver "B-share" bike sharing program has infiltrated the ranks of the citizen ride. I hope the gentleman pictured pedalled fast, as the 30 minute free period won't get you far. Nonetheless, lovely to see the practicality of an irremovable bike seat and foreign nuts combined with the simple utilitarian function of a basket.

Two: Although I am not "drafting" in this picture, it can be said that I look as though I am, and I will at the very least concede that I look like a wannabe member of the gentleman's team directly ahead of my stocky pink frame. Also, I look monstrous in every single photo I have entered of the set - this is the most flattering, which says a lot. Is there something I should know about bike camera angles? I find it amazing that there could be room for fat concern in the middle of a seven-hour bike ride.

Lastly, and most importantly, you will of course remember from the original post that I identified a runaway hipster, making sweet ganja progress past the struggling Livestrongs and myself. I have located his valette from the online album, and I think we can all agree that my original characterization was quite spot on.

No comments:

Post a Comment